Monday, March 31, 2014

Clean Eating Snack Ideas

Quinoa Protein Bars


Homemade Quinoa Protein bars
So one of the ladies in a clean eating group that I am in posted this recipe and I just had to give it a try.  Boy am I glad that I did because it is fantastic!!!!
Ingredients:
2 cups cooked quinoa
1/2 cup natural peanut butter 
3 Tablespoon honey
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
3/4 cup gluten-free rolled oats
1 banana mashed
1 egg
1/2 cup unsweetened, shredded coconut*
1/2 cup chocolate chunks (I used unsweetened carob chips)
This is one of the easiest snack!  This will be my afternoon snack with my cup of tea this week!!!  



Mix first 4 ingredients well. Add next five ingredients, spread out on parchment paper lined pan. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.

I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!  I honestly love anything with coconut, peanut butter and oatmeal so this is right up my ally!!!

Lemon Protein Bars
Lemon Protein Bars

So I would have never even thought to make this recipe.  But a challenger in one of my groups made them and said they were amazing!  Then, I found this recipe and they are in the oven right now!  I'll keep you posted on how it goes!!!

Ingredients:
·                     1 cup oat flour
·                     2 scoops vanilla whey protein
·                     /14 tsp salt
·                     1/2 tsp baking soda
·                     2 quart mix crystal light (without aspartame)
·                     4 egg whites
·                     1/2 cup splenda, ideal, truvia
·                     8 oz jar of baby food applesauce
·                     4 oz water
Directions:
·                     Preheat oven to 350
·                     Mix oat flour, vanilla whey protein, salt, baking soda, crystal light in a large bowl.
·                     Mix egg whites, Splenda and applesauce in another bowl.
·                     Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix together.
·                     Spray 8x8 Pyrex dish with non stick cooking spray.
·                     Pour into dish
·                     Bake 23 minutes

It makes 16 squares and 2 squares is a serving.
 
 Calories:  86, Carbs:  10 g, Protein:  9 g

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fill out my online form.
HTML Forms powered by Wufoo