Monday, October 6, 2014

Crock Pot Chicken Tacos


Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken is perfect for nachos, burritos, tacos, and quesadillas.  I like to double the recipe and freeze some for later.  It just doesn’t get any easier than this.

Fall is here and for me that means I get to start using my slow cooker.  I love being able to start a meal in the morning and eliminate some of the stress of the evening. This is one of my all time favorite recipes. If there is one crockpot recipe you need in your repertoire, this is it. But truthfully, after making it once you won't even need the recipe because it's just so darn easy.

Three ingredients and almost zero work. The result is a juicy, flavorful shredded chicken that makes some killer tacos. I like to load up my tacos, so they look a bit messy in the pictures. They were like that in real life, too. Messy and delicious. I've been told before I have a knack for ordering the messiest foods on any menu. Why? Because the messiest foods are the best foods. It's a fact.






Ingredients:
1 1oz Envelope Taco Seasoning*
3-4 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts, frozen
1 16oz jar Salsa*

Dump all ingredients into a crockpot and give it a little stir to blend the seasoning with the salsa. You do not need to add any water to the taco seasoning. Cook on high for 4 to 6 hours or on low for 6 to 8 hours. When done, the chicken should shred easily when stirred with a fork.

For tacos, serve the chicken with soft flour tortillas, guacamole, lettuce, shredded cheese and/or sour cream. This is very versatile and can be used for enchiladas, nachos, tostadas, quesadillas, etc. Any leftover chicken can then be used for tortilla soup (make it the next day or freeze the chicken to use at a later time).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fill out my online form.
HTML Forms powered by Wufoo